4.28.2009

Of Finals and Flu.

A poem.

Okay, not really because I stink at writing poetry.

But here's what happened:

We had dinner with some friends on Sunday night -- double decker tacos. Homemade. Mmmm.

I woke up Monday morning. Just peachy.

Drank my normal Slimfast breakfast...started feeling queezy. Had a muffin and banana from a Finals Breakfast buffet at the engineering building.

Started feeling more queezy.

My Heat & Mass transfer final was at 11:30-1:20, and throughout the entire thing, I could hardly think clearly because of how nasty I felt. Promptly after leaving the final, I called Peter to come take me home, where I commenced "flu-like" behaviors.

Many, many, bathroom visits people. Gross. I couldn't really move or drink or eat anything. In fact, in twenty four hours, I ate one cracker.

It was at this point that I emailed my teacher of my final on Tuesday, and asked if there was any possible way that he could believe that I was not just a lame student trying to get out of his final and if he could please have mercy on my poor, pitiful, puking soul?? (See, I just used alliteration...maybe I should have been an English major...bah)

The stars were in my favor! He said that if I came nowhere near him to possibly infect him with my swine flu (okay, wait, how did he jump from just your normal, everyday flu to sickness contracted from a pig...I have no idea, but yes, he did it), he would give me 2 days to complete the exam instead of the three hour period everyone else had.

Praise the lord and raise those hands to the heavens! Being sick has actually benefited me in a blessing kind of way!

So here I am, it's Wednesday night, I have felt fine for two days, and I still haven't finished that take home exam...that would be due tomorrow by 5:00. I'm an awesome student.

PS. And besides everyone asking me if I have the swine flu, why is it that their second reaction is "Are you pregnant???!!" Really? Can't I just be your normal variety of sick without having some sort of pig virus or growing a second person?

Let it go. "It's just a shoe."

:)

PPS. That last part was for those of you that have seen one of my favorite musicals EVER which I'm going to see again on Sunday! More of that to come later...

0 comments: