9.06.2009

[ bloggers on the run! ]

Okay, I'm going to get a little philosophical on you all for a  quick sec.

When you come toward the end of a very big stage in your life (in my case, graduating from college next spring), you start to realize all the things you've never done the whole time you were there.  Here's a couple of mine:

1) Give blood. I know. Lame right? I've always been afraid of passing out or throwing up or whatever. However, during the first week of school, my friends and husband convinced me to go and give blood for the annual Blood Battle between my school and one a little further south with a better football team (shh. don't tell anybody I said that). But I did it! And I didn't have to throw up or pass out or anything! However, I am a bit of a sympathy puker and the kid across from me was pretty close so luckily I got out of there pretty quick before he filled his little red hazard bag. Whew.

2) Become a true aggie. If you don't go to my school, you probably don't know what this is, but once a month on a full moon, you go and stand on this big A podium on campus and kiss someone who is already a true aggie. But if you're like me, and neither me or my husband are true aggies, you can only do it twice a year: once on homecoming night and once in the spring.  So this one is coming up in a few weekends if anyone wants to come with us to become true aggies!

3) Run a 5k. Okay. This one is probably the most important goal I have. Some of you might know that I really struggle with my running -- I mean, REALLY struggle.  Like, I am the last one to finish every time we run for AFROTC.  I would really like to be a better runner, but I lack the motivation because my head just tells me "Oh, you'll just be the last one anyway.  Don't try to get any better."  And let me be the first to tell you, that is STUPID.  I really hate the things my head tells me sometimes.

So, I have decided to co-sponsor (along with Connie from "The Young and the Relentless") an awesome chance to prove ourselves (and self-motivation, for that matter), and we would like you all to join us!  Connie and I both have the goal that we want to walk or run a 5k by December 1st, and we're calling it "Bloggers on the Run!"

All you have to do to participate is pick a 5k (or any length) in your area and dedicate yourself to doing it!  We've made a cute little button so you can show off your walking/running pride, too!  Once you finish your race, we want to hear about it!  Go ahead and comment me in any of my blog posts when you finish it (be sure to tell me the name of the race, and what city you ran it in!) and I'll post it in my sidebar!  We're hoping to get lots of people to participate, so tell your friends!

Oh, if you do more than one race, be sure to let me know too! You get double the sidebar postage!

If you want to participate, just grab the button off my side bar, and comment me to let me know so I can add you to the sidebar! I'll put your name up as a participant in "Bloggers on the Run!"

Happy walking/running!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Whoo Hoo! I'm so excited for this challenge!

I'm making my sister do it too!

Jennie said...

Cool! my friend and I are already registered for the Beat Beethoven 5K Sept 12th in Pleasant Grove. I'll be posting how it goes. Yikes! I HATE running too.