10.16.2009

Hi. My name is Kara and it's been over a month since my last blog post.

But, but, but...I have a good excuse!


First, I was going to write a post way back when and although I can't remember now what the heck I was going to write about, I remember seeing my dashboard and seeing that the post was going to be my 100th post, but I was going to write about something where I was complaining about something stupid that happened and then I didn't want to write about something stupid for my 100th post, and then life got crazy with midterms and projects and crappy school related things, and then I didn't do it.


For over a month.


Whew. Glad I got that out of the way. Now since THIS is my 100th post, I get to beg your forgiveness for my awful, awful bad behavior as a blogger. *slaps wrist*


Please, my dear bloggity internetz friends (stole that phrase from Loralee...hehe), please forgive me for my absence and my poor skills at keeping up this blog during this hectic senior year of college.  In an effort to steal back your love for my little blog, I will tell you about all the wonderful and not-so-wonderful things that have happened over the past month that have stolen my attention away from my favorite place: sitting on my duff in front of my computer writing in a little text box for all the world to see -- if they care that much to read it (Whoa, I'm blabbering. Geez, can you tell it's been awhile and I feel like I have a MILLION things to tell you??!?!?)


THE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENED THIS MONTH:
1. Midterms. Ew. That word grosses me out.  In engineering, we basically have tests every 3 weeks or so, so I guess you can't call them midterms but that's what I like to call the timeframe where I lose my mind and go crazy for awhile. Dear hubby calls me "crazy lady" during this time. So: midterms.
2. Projects.  Also occurring at the same time as said midterms.  Double ew. 
3. Staying in the computer lab until after 10 PM every night, including weekends, to study for said midterms or work on said projects. Triple ew.
4. Not seeing my husband for basically a week at a time because of 1, 2, and 3. We are turning into a "weekend-only" kind of family.
5. I've been planning a conference for the end of October which takes up a trillion hours of my time (but I love it all the same...), and this is where I learned that college kids cannot follow directions, how ever college educated they claim to be.



THE GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED THIS MONTH:
1. Getting within the average on said midterms.  Average is better than below average, right??
2. Finishing all projects thus far, and not having to slack off on any homework or studying or anything to get everything done. I guess that would be why I'm staying in the computer lab all day, every day, plus weekends.
3. Realizing that I am graduating in 7 months and moving to California. (OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
4.  Stalking everyone else's blogs because it makes me feel more connected to the internet world, even though I'm not contributing. Yes, I know what's happening in YOUR lives, but you have NO IDEA what's happening in MINE! Bwahahaha!
5. My best friend had her BABY!!! I would reiterate the OMIGOSH-es from above, but I might kill you with happiness. Let it be known that Chalese Abigail is one of the CUTEST babies I have ever seen. There, I said it. And it's true. Well, until I have my own kids. So there. *raspberry*


Okay, so that pretty much wraps it up. Okay, not really but my fingers hurt a little bit -- apparently my fingers are out of shape.  Time to get busy and work those fingers as much as I'm working the rest of my dang body.  Yay! I'm back!



(On a side note: it's strange that when you're not blogging for awhile, you always think about the things you want to write about but never get to sitting down at the computer to do it. What the heck did I do to get these thoughts out of my head BEFORE I started blogging???!!)



OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH-OMIGOSH!!!!!! (Sorry, still thinking about California....)

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Welcome Back :)

Miss Angie said...

So good to hear from you! I've missed your blogging and keeping up with you and Thomas! <3 Loveage!