10.18.2009

BLOGGERS ON THE RUN is BACK!

Okay, first off, I know it's been awhile but I wanted to start off by saying CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR BLOGGERS ON THE RUN FINISHERS!


LISA: 5K, Germantown, MD (36:19)
JENNIE: 5K, Pleasant Grove, UT (36:22)
NICOLE: 13.1 mi race, New PR!

These ladies have done awesome! Second, I just wanted to give you the update on my running-ness.  We had a mock fitness test for the Air Force at the beginning of the semester, and I was running a 1.5 mi in 16:04.  Which is pretty darn slow.

As of a week ago, when we took our real fitness test, I was running the 1.5 mi in 14:04!!  Two minutes off in a month! That's HUGE for me!

Okay, so now that I'm past my excitement, let's talk about my 5K goal.  I had planned to run one this weekend, but then the Campus Rec people figured out that it was Fall Break (a school holiday) and that nobody would be around (except me, *cough* *cough*), so they moved it to next week.  In any case, I'm not sure that I'll be able to do it since I've pretty much stopped running since my fitness test (bad, Kara). 

I need your help though. Does anybody know of a 5K race sometime after this weekend and before November 21 (when the next race that I know of is)?? I would really prefer to run before it get freeze-your-hind-tushy-off cold. Any ideas??

SOOO!!  I will be officially running a 5K absolutely no later than November 21 for the campus rec Turkey Trot 5K.  If anybody wants to join me, they can... :)   Let me know.


3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm a bad blogger on the run. As soon as it got cold outside...I couldn't get out of my bed.

GREAT JOB on your run!

Chelsea said...

I will run it with you! I haven't done a 5k for awhile. That actually sounds kinda fun!

SamBamby said...

Lots of races in St. George all the time http://www.sgcity.org/recreation/races/