8.22.2008

I *HATE* STUPID PEOPLE -- THE SEQUEL

A short little update on our recent "situation"...

First off, thanks to everyone that commented and is providing their support through this whole process.

Here's what happened the next day (after the work party at the boss' house) when T ended up working with "Rachel," who is basically the main instigator of the whole ordeal. She is the one that started all their complaints and treachery against Janie, and so T felt it was appropriate to perhaps confront her first.

T left for work around 2:00, and I get a text no more than an hour later that says, "I said something to Rachel and it's not going to be a fun night." Obviously, this gets my interest sparked (and I become a little anxious) and I text back "Well, what did she say? What did you say?"

He didn't text me back immediately so I laid down to take nap, and I get a call from him as he is taking his break. Basically what happened, from what I understand, is that T said something like "You know, Rachel, I'm really concerned at the way you have been treating Janie, and I'm wondering if that is going to cause problems for the store in the future. It could possibly be considered harassment if it's not taken care of right now."

Keep in mind, however, that she is a college student, which would imply that she is a semi-full grown adult with at least a half a head on her shoulders. At least this is what should be assumed, people (we already know that she is not as mature as we would expect from someone her age). Apparently after T said something to her, Rachel proceeded to provide numerous excuses including "She brings it on herself, you know?" and "But she's just so annoying when she..." etc etc. And then proceeded to storm off into the back room.

T hasn't worked again since then, but he does work tomorrow. I wonder if her reaction may have worn off onto the other employees already and he may just get a mouthful of cold shoulder. Possibly. We'll see.

At least I know my hubby is trying to do the right thing.

As for the documentation aspect that you have all been mentioning, you are right on point. I think that's what the next step is for us, and if it gets T fired, I'm actually okay with it. Why would I want my husband to be absolutely miserable in a job with people who just won't grow up? Yeah, that's not my husband.

I think it may be time to open a new can of worms.

2 comments:

Connie said...

That is great that he said something to the instigator. Hopefully....the others, upon hearing what T said will realize that they have been mean and correct their actions.

Thanks for the update!

Loralee Choate said...

Ug, this situation is so vile. I am really proud of T for saying something RIGHT to the source.

I will be following this story with interest (And will update on my own blog as it progresses)